Monday 22 February 2010

Bully for Him

This whole imbroglio stinks.

Firstly, I am not surprised that Broon occasionally has tantrums and throws things. If I had the problems he is facing (many self-inflicted, admittedly) and the crowd of dismal boobies who currently make up the cabinet and the Labour Party, facing the poison chalice of an election in three months, I would be hurling staplers across the room and pushing printers off the desk.

But is that "bullying"? I always thought that "bullying" had to be aimed at someone, and to be intentional, and belittling, and undermining. What Broon seems to be indulging in is more like primal scream therapy!

I have worked in places and for bosses where letting off steam in that manner was an accepted method of coping with anger management. Or rather, not coping with it. But that is not "bullying" - not as I understand it.

The woman who has blown the gaff on the confidentiality of her charity has made a bad mistake. She must have realised - or maybe she really is that naive - and she didn't realise - that the forensic glare of the media would be turned on HER and that emails about her charity's relationship with the consultancy firm would be made public, and that the details about her late filing with the Charities Commission would come out.

There's a certain tang of schadenfreude here - confidentiality works both ways, if she had wanted to keep that quiet, then she should have stayed below the parapet and respected the confidentiality of those she has now - potentially at least - "outed".

I'm not surprised her patrons are resigning. The trustees of the charity are meeting tomorrow and I confidently predict she will be gone by teatime. That would be a shame, though, because then that part of the story would die, and I for one would like to know more about what/who put her up to it, coincidentally on the weekend Labour launches its campaign... someone less charitably inclined than myselfy to think the best of people, might suspect a sub-plot here to which we are not yet privy.

Which brings me to David "call me Dave" Cameroon. A bandwagon came rolling by, and on it he clambered. "There should be an enquiry!" "Yes", says little Nick Clegg, "I agree!" as if anyone gives a stuff what he says or thinks about anything.

Pathetic. God, give me strength.

No comments: